Are you planning to join BBA lateral entry? Read on to learn more about BBA lateral entry admission, eligibility, syllabus, top colleges etc.
Those interested in Business Management can enrol in the bachelor of business administration course, which is a 3-year undergraduate degree. This course lasts two years for lateral entry students. Colleges admit candidates to the BBA Lateral Entry program based on their grades in the Diploma exam. The BBA program provides a solid foundation in business and management and the opportunity to specialise in finance, marketing, human resources, accounting, and international trade. In addition to finance, marketing, sales, govt jobs, business, and education, BBA graduates have many job opportunities.
Keep scrolling to learn more about lateral admission in BBA, its eligibility, syllabus, top colleges, etc.
BBA Lateral Entry – An Overview
- BBA Lateral Entry courses consist of four semesters with at least five subjects.
- The following specialisations are available for BBA lateral entry: Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Banking, and Marketing.
- In addition to the course curriculum, the BBA lateral entry program offers subjects like analytical, communication, and soft skills to enhance the student’s personality.
- Those who intend to engage in leadership and management roles shortly would benefit from this program.
- Throughout the course, students will learn about various business administration and management aspects through classroom lectures and practical exercises.
- Students who have completed a BBA lateral entry can pursue MBAs and other postgraduate management degrees.
- BBA graduates earn between ₹2.5- 5 lakhs as their starting salary.
BBA Lateral Entry Eligibility
- Candidates must have completed the 3-year Diploma course to apply as lateral entry students.
- English must be part of the candidate’s high school and previous education.
- Students should have at least 50% of high school scores from a recognised board or university.
- Students must have a 50% grade point average in their three-year diploma program.
BBA Lateral Entry Admission
A student’s mark in the diploma and intermediate exams will be considered when determining lateral entry admission. Some colleges and universities offer this course via their entrance exam also.
Listed below are a few entrance exams
- CET BBA 2023
- DU JAT 2023
- SET 2023
- AIMA UGAT 2023
- NPAT BBA 2023
BBA Lateral Entry Entrance Exams – Preparation Ideas
Below are great tips to help you achieve better BBA lateral entry entrance test results.
- The BBA entrance exam includes a basic aptitude and a management test.
- Candidates must prepare for the various mock tests in advance.
- It is also essential for candidates to revise what they have learned in previous classes.
- In quantitative questions, you will need to know the concepts and formulas taught in Class X and XII.
- The more you practise, the easier it will be to improve your quantitative skills.
- In about two hours, the candidate must solve 120-150 questions, so they must be able to solve them quickly.
- It will be necessary for students to manage their time effectively when working on each answer.
- Students should start reading the newspaper to improve their general knowledge and current events.
BBA Lateral Entry Syllabus
The following table outlines the BBA Lateral entry syllabus for four semesters.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Business Mathematics||Quantitative Techniques|
|Analytical Skills-I||Analytical Skills-II|
|Open Elective/ Minor Elective 1||Human Resource Management|
|Essentials of Marketing||Basic Financial Management|
|Banking and Insurance||Company Law|
|Cost and Management Accounting||–|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Production and Operations Management||Corporate Strategy|
|Business Environment||Introduction to International Business|
|Research Methodology||Corporate Strategy|
|Specialisation Elective 1||Specialisation Elective 3|
|Specialisation Elective 2||Specialisation Elective 4|
|Open Elective/ Minor Elective 3||Open Elective/ Minor Elective 4|
BBA Lateral Entry Colleges in India
Given below are the top BBA lateral entry colleges in India.
|Name of the college||Average total fees|
|SVKMs NMIMS Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce, Mumbai||₹2.5 Lakhs|
|Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (SSCBS)||₹14,025|
|Department of Management Studies Christ University||₹2.2 Lakhs|
|Loyola College||₹1.5 Lakhs|
|Madras Christian College||₹41,000|
|Presidency College||₹1.8- 2 Lakhs|
|Amity School of Business||₹2.5 Lakhs|
|Mount Carmel College||₹1.5 Lakhs|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies||₹3 Lakhs|
|JD Birla Institute (Department of Management)||₹60,000|
|IFIM College||₹1.6 Lakhs|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research||₹1.75 Lakhs|
|Maharaja Surajmal Institute||₹91,000|
Future Scope After BBA
- With a BBA degree, you can find employment in private companies, multinational corporations, and government agencies.
- BBA professionals can start their businesses if they have gained enough entrepreneurial skills.
- In marketing and sales, BBA graduates can find good job opportunities.
- BBA graduates in India earn an average salary of ₹20,000.
- India is experiencing rapid growth in the scope of BBA. With an expanding Indian economy, many leadership and managerial positions will be available shortly.
- It is also possible for students to pursue some certification courses in Microsoft Office and management information systems after they complete their BBA program.
- Graduates of BBA programs can also pursue higher education in India and abroad. After completing a BBA program, you can take postgraduate courses like MBA. PGDM and MMS.
Job Prospects After Graduating Lateral Entry BBA
BBA graduates can find jobs in the below sectors.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Offline Marketing
- Digital Marketing
Some of the significant job profiles for BBA graduates are,
- Executive Assistant
- Senior Business Executive
- HR Generalist
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Executive
- Business Development Executive
Top BBA Recruiters
Below companies listed are the top recruiters of BBA.
- Asian Paints
- Bosch Ltd
- Axis Bank
- Canara Bank
- Hexaware Technologies
- Honda Two Wheelers
- Mercedes Benz
- Ernst & Young
- Ericsson India
- Tech Mahindra
- IndiGo Airlines
- Ensure Technologies
- Larsen and Toubro
- KPIT Cummins
- Life Cell
- XL Dynamics
- NAT West Group
Lateral admission in BBA is possible if you have completed 10+diploma or 10+2+diploma with a minimum of 50% marks. So, when you decide to pursue a BBA degree, choose a college that offers Sunstone’s advantages.
Sunstone is a leading education service provider with a pan-India presence. Students who sign up with Sunstone get —
- Job-ready from day 1 with the help of 100+ hours of industry-aligned training and advanced certifications.
- 100% placement assistance and lifelong alumni support.
- At least 50 interview opportunities with top recruiters.
Is lateral entry possible for BBA?
Yes, lateral entry is possible for BBA. Candidates will be admitted based on their Diploma scores for BBA Lateral Entry.
What is lateral entry BBA?
Admission to direct second-year BBA is called lateral entry BBA. The BBA Lateral Entry course consists of 4 semesters and at least five subjects per semester.
Can a diploma holder do BBA?
Yes, a diploma holder can do BBA after completing their Diploma. It is possible to do BBA after +2 with any stream except arts.